Any of our prints (metal or fine-art paper) can be framed and matted to your specific taste and decor requirements. We feature a wide range of high quality frames from both Larson-Juhl and Roma Italian mouldings. Wood frames look great around our prints which feature nature. Please contact us with your specific framing requirements. You can also order "just the prints" (metal or fine-art paper) and have your local framer handle them if you prefer.
Please also see our Custom Prints & Projects page for additional examples...
Larson-Juhl's broad range of quality custom framing products provide design solutions to suit nearly anything you can have framed. The diversity of our frame designs also coordinate with all of the popular interior design styles and individual personal styles. Larson-Juhl, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is a manufacturer and distributor of timeless and innovative custom picture frame mouldings. Our designers and manufacturing teams work hand-in-hand to create enduring frame designs in all of the popular home furnishing styles, so our custom framing customers can help clients preserve their treasures and add beauty to their homes. Creativity, inspired.
ROMA ITALIAN MOULDINGS
All natural hand made Italian mouldings are also available, to provide additional custom framing options for your taste. These frames are my personal favorites.
Shown below are some sample frames:
The prints on brilliant aluminum metal offer a wide range of presentation styles, from conventional wood framing (just like ordinary fine-art paper prints) to ultra minimalist presentations.
1. JUST THE PRINT (NO FRAME). This option allows you to order just the metal print itself, and then frame it just like you would any fine-art paper print. In fact, we (or you) can use any of the frame types above (wood frames) - they look GREAT around metal prints also. Your local framer can also frame it using traditional wood, aluminum or any other frame choices to your liking and exact decor requirements. Anything you can do with a regular fine-art paper print will also work for metal prints (you just do not need any "glass" on top of the print). The aluminum print is about 1/8" thick (approx). This style is shown below:
2. METAL FRAMED TO EDGE (BLACK). This option is where there is a 1" (approx) black metal aluminum frame behind the print, visible from the edges, and aligned exactly with the edges of the print. This creates a "gallery box" appearance when hung on the wall. This style is shown below:
3. METAL FRAMED TO EDGE (SILVER). This option is where there is a 1" (approx) silver metal aluminum frame behind the print, visible from the edges, and aligned exactly with the edges of the print. This creates a "gallery box" appearance when hung on the wall. This style is shown below:
4. FLOAT METAL FRAME. This is where there is a recessed metal frame behind the print, but it is not visible from the front or sides. The print appears to "float" off the surface of the wall about 1". The recessed metal frame is still there behind the print, and used to hang it on the wall, it's just not visible from the sides. The thickness of the actual metal print is about 1/8" inch, typically with black or silver (bare metal) sides. This style is shown below:
5. STANDOFF METAL FRAME. This is where there are 4 mounting posts (silver) on each corner of the frame, visible from the front and sides, and used to hang it on the wall. This style is shown below:
PANORAMA (PANO) PRINTS. Larger custom sized pano prints on metal are usually framed to edge (black or silver). Shown below is one framed to edge black. The frame is about 1.5" deep.